I want to share with you some of my favorite beauty finds from this past year.
1. MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream– We finally started seeing BB creams in the US market this past year. However, after trying a couple of the US brands, I was highly disappointed with them. So I did some research on Asian brands,since that’s where the craze with the “blemish balm” or “beauty balm” began. MISSHA was named the “secret of Korean actresses.” I can’t remember which website I bought it from, but you can find it on Amazon. I use #23 which I was worried would be to light for my Latina skin tone. However, it seems to work and it gives me a natural & flawless look. It does not feel heavy or cakey at all. It does have a “perfumey” smell to it, but once its on you can’t smell it at all.
2. Pearl Powder Mask– This mask is great! It leaves your skin super smooth. One day I noticed a zit/pimple and I used a mask that night. The next morning, there was no sign of that zit/pimple at all! You can purchase this one and other beauty masks on Amazon as well.
3. REVLON Colorsilk Luminista– When I was 15, my parents started letting me dye my hair. I begged and begged and told them I would only dye it once. And I have not stopped ever since! Since I have dark brown hair, it’s always been a challenge finding the right dye for me. However, hair dyes have been improving over the last couple of years. Luminista is for those with darker locks. I love that it’s ammonia free and what you see on the box is what you get, or pretty close to it. I use #168 which is Light Brown.
4. Clear Hair Care– I was amazingly surprised by how healthy & shiny this brand of shampoo/conditioner left my hair. My hair had been looking kind of dull so I was glad to see a change in the way it looked & felt. If you haven’t tried this hair care line yet, give it a try!
5. Tinted lip balm- I am not a big lipstick fan. Oh sure, I get tempted once in a while by a pretty color but then I never wear it. Tinted balm, however is a different story. And this past year, I started using two different kinds you can easily find: Burt’s Bees Tinted Balm in Hibiscus & Yes to Carrots in Rosy Bloom. Both give me just the right amount of tint. And the colors would go great on all skin tones.
I am excited to see what beauty products come my way in 2013! Since I am getting older, I am becoming more interested in anti-aging products.
What are some of your favorite beauty products?