If you live in Texas, don’t forget tax-free weekend starts tomorrow! Tax-free weekend in Texas this year is from Friday, August 9th through Sunday, August 11th. You will be saving $8 for every $100 you spend this weekend on:
- Clothing and footwear under $100.
- Backpacks under $100 for elementary and secondary students.
- Most school supplies priced at less than $100.
- Includes layaway items.
Here is some information on upcoming tax-free weekends in other states.
Georgia: August. 9th-10th
- Clothing and footwear under $10.
- Single-purchases of personal computers and personal computer-related accessories priced at $1,000.00 or less.
- General school supplies priced at $20 or less per item.
For a complete list of items exempt check out Georgia’s fact sheet.
Maryland: August 11-17th
- Clothing under $100.
- Footwear under $100.
Connecticut: August 18-24th
- Clothing under $300 per item.
- Footwear under $300 per item.